Sunday, October 19, 2008

Where would I like to go?

This is a question that I have never given much thought to as I have never really had opportunity to travel.  But it appears that a trip may be in our near future  and so now I begin to wonder where would I go?  I would love to go to Rome to see all of the great architecture and art.  I would also love to go to Hawaii, so I would love to hear how the newlyweds enjoyed it!  But alas it appears that my first international trip will be somewhere I never would have guessed.  Do I have you interested yet? Hmmmm. . .   Well, I guess I will tell you then.  I believe I get to go to South Africa next March with James' choirs.   I am very excited and am looking forward to the trip.  One of his students is from South Africa and told the school there about the choir and got an invitation.  James is very excited to do an international tour with his choir as well as just getting to go.  The hotel they will put the choir up in is on a park with great wildlife.  I'm sad I cannot take the boys but I definitely cannot afford that.  Maybe the next tour they can come on.  It is pretty exciting to think that I may get to join James' choirs on international tours.  They won't happen every year but maybe every few years.  That is pretty exciting to think about.  I hope we get to go to London, Rome, Paris and many more exciting places!  I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's totally awesome! My cousin James Dewey (james.b.dewey@gmail.com) served his mission in South Africa. He could probably give you some great tips of places to go and people to see while you're out there. You'll have to come back with lots of animal pictures for you kids.

Liz said...

I just wanted to update that deposits go in this week, so we will be committed to go by the end of the week. It will be my first trip out of the country! Yippee!